You're in safe hands! We have over three decades of experience serving dissolution of marriage applications.

Proserve offers a competitive nationwide fee structure for serving dissolution of marriage (divorce) applications. You can trust our process servers to professionally serve your application throughout New Zealand from Kaitaia to Bluff. 

We serve dissolution of marriage applications.

Our process servers will serve your dissolution of marriage (divorce) application with discretion and professionalism. 

Our team of process servers are very experienced with the service of New Zealand Family court proceedings including dissolution of marriage (divorce applications). We have an excellent working knowledge of the process and understand what is required to correctly serve your application in any region of New Zealand from Kaitaia to Bluff. We understand that applying to dissolve your marriage can be a very difficult, stressful and emotional time for both parties. You can be assured that our team of process servers throughout New Zealand will serve your divorce application with discretion, sensitivity and professionalism. You can also be assured that your privacy is respected through the service process. 

How do I serve my dissolution of marriage (divorce) application to my ex-partner if I don't know where they now live?

This information is provided by the New Zealand Citizens Advice Bureau and maybe of interest to you: When you have applied on your own for a divorce (read more about this), the court will give you documents that you need to personally give to (“serve”) your ex-partner. This is so they have a chance to response to your application. However, if you do not know where your ex-partner is, despite your best efforts to locate them, you can ask the court for “substituted service”. Substituted service means serving the documents in a different way (eg, by email or Facebook), through someone they know or not serving them at all. You do this by completing a “Without notice interlocutory application for substituted service” form and affidavit and giving it to your local Family Court.

If you need help with filling out the form you can contact the Family Court:

How do I apply for a divorce?

When you apply for a divorce in New Zealand, you need to complete an application for a dissolution of marriage (divorce). The application forms and information is available from your local Family Court. If you have any concerns, we suggest you contact a family lawyer. 

When you both agree

If both you and your partner want a divorce: If you have grounds to do so, both you and your partner ‘ask’ the Family Court for a marriage of dissolution order. The Family Court will guide you through the process. If you have any concerns, we suggest you contact a family lawyer. 

Applying on your own

You can apply for a divorce as a single applicant. If only one of you wants a divorce: You will need to ask your local Family Court to make a decision. This is known as ‘applying for an order’.  Please contact your local Family Court if you have any questions or require any information.

What do we do?

  • We will serve your dissolution of marriage application.
  • We ask the respondent to sign an acknowledgment of service. 
  • We swear and return the affidavit of service to you without delay.
  • We can trace the respondent using the best private investigators.


Why use a professional?

  • We have the proven ability to locate recipients or defendants anywhere in New Zealand.
  • As an independent party, our process servers are 100% neutral and not personally involved.   
  • Our process servers have an excellent knowledge of the legal process and rules of service.
  • We are experienced and cost-effective with New Zealand's largest team of process servers.

Let's work together

Call us now! Freephone 0800 717 007 or use this secure contact form and we will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.

*Please note: time and mileage will also be charged in addition to the fee of $290.00 + GST for all rural, remote and geographically challenging areas of New Zealand.